About Fundraising in Action!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! We call our program Fundraising in Action — in exchange for your group’s work as volunteers, Vala’s Pumpkin Patch donates funds to your non-profit group. This is a valuable exchange for both parties.
Vala’s hires over 900 part-time employees each fall, but we still find it difficult to have enough employees during our peak weekends. Helping hands from volunteer crews make all the difference to our hard-working staff, taking some of the stress out of long weekend days with fresh, eager attitudes and enthusiasm. In exchange, volunteers get a chance to bond with each other and make new friends in a fast-paced, fun work environment, all while fundraising for their cause and helping Vala’s create Magical Memories for our guests.
An inherent risk to COVID-19 exposure exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a contagious disease that may cause severe illness or death. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) advises that senior citizens, anyone with an immunocompromised system, or underlying medical condition may be more vulnerable. As a volunteer at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard, you will be working directly with the public, fellow volunteers, and staff members during every shift. Please take the time to understand the risks of COVID-19 and make your own decision about volunteering this year accordingly.
- Age Requirement: All volunteers must be at least 16 years old. No exceptions.
- Number of People Needed: We would like each group to bring 8 to 10 volunteers each day they are signed up.
- Hours: 11am to 8pm on Saturdays and Sundays. You can split your volunteers into two shifts, but please stick with these times — 11am to 3pm and 3pm to 8pm, since this is when we need the most help.
- Payment: Vala’s Pumpkin Patch will donate $10 per hour volunteered per person to each volunteer’s not for profit organization. See Cancellation below if your group needs to cancel for any reason or you do not have enough volunteers.
- Cancellations: Because of COVID-19, we are limiting the number of guests and staff at Vala’s at all times. We may decide we no longer need your group on a certain day, and in that event we will do our best to contact you 48-hours in advance, so you can inform your volunteers. In the event of bad weather, we may also decide to cancel, we will give you 24-hours notice about weather cancellations.
Volunteers will usually be teamed up in pairs and work closely with Vala’s Pumpkin Patch employees. Tasks are mostly food-related, including bagging kettle corn, refilling ice and drinks, washing dishes, and cleaning tables. Download the Volunteer Fundraising In Action Tasks document to learn more details about the opportunities available.
Ready to help us create Magical Memories?
Sign Up to Volunteer
Sign up will be online, and all slots will open in August. Please talk with your group organizers so you are prepared to sign up. There are a limited number of days and spots available and they will fill up quickly. Each group may sign up for 1 or 2 days of volunteering.
Please note there will be a deadline established for your group to find volunteers and sign up. This helps us by knowing if a group is full or may need to be cancelled due to no one signing up. This gives us time to try to offer the time to our waiting list. Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact your group if there is not enough signed up and work with you to make a decision on if your group will be able to volunteer.
In order to volunteer with Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard and for us to maintain a level of safety for our guests and employees, each prospective volunteer will go through a screening process that includes:
- Complete the volunteer application and waiver
- Screened through the online Department of Justice Sex Offender Registry
As a volunteer with Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard, we want you to be safe and enjoy your time on the farm. Prior to your group’s volunteer time, your group members will be able to view a short online introduction and training to help start your volunteer experience.
If the date(s) you would like are full please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our waiting list.
If your group is scheduled and not able to fulfill the commitment, please edit your submission online and also contact us as soon as possible so we have time to contact a replacement group. Email email@example.com
October 2nd & 3rd (Saturday & Sunday)
October 9th, 10th & 11th (Saturday, Sunday, & Monday – Columbus Day)
October 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, & 18th (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday & Monday)
October 19th, 20th, 21st, & 22nd (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
October 23rd & 24th (Saturday & Sunday)
October 30th & 31st Halloween!! (Saturday & Sunday)
Sign up for our Newsletter