Thank you for your interest in Vala’s FUNDRAISING IN ACTION PROGRAM! As volunteers at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch, your participants will be able to earn money for your group while becoming part of the Vala’s experience for thousands of our guests. It’s a fun, unique way for groups in our community to raise money, and we love the fresh enthusiasm and extra hands volunteers bring to our team!
Who can volunteer?
- Sports teams, dance groups, bands, PTAs, NHS students, sororities, fraternities, and anyone else who is fundraising or earning money for a group or cause
- Groups of 8 to 10 people who sign up with one contact person
- Anyone 16 and older (no exceptions!), who wants to help your group raise money
How Your Group Can Raise Funds
Choose as many days as you’re able for your group to work at Vala’s, October 1st through 31st! We ask that you bring 8 to 10 volunteers for the days and times that you’re signed up.Work locations will be assigned as your group arrives, depending on where we need extra help on the farm. You’re most likely to be placed in one of our 25+ food locations, working alongside Vala’s staff. We also occasionally need help in attractions or picking apples in the orchard! We keep track of your volunteers’ hours and mail a check to your group in November.
- All volunteers MUST be at least 16 years old. No exceptions.
- Number of People Needed: We would like each group to bring 8 to 10 volunteers for the entire time they are signed up. We will provide your group with a sign-up-genius page to use.
- Hours: Shifts include 10am to 9pm or 5pm-9pm/10pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We recommend splitting volunteers into two slightly overlapping shifts — 10am to 4pm and 3pm to 9pm. Weekday hours are flexible, please indicate when your group is available when signing up.
- Payment: We track volunteers’ hours, and in November Vala’s Pumpkin Patch will donate $11 per hour per person to each group.
- Cancellations: Our volunteer needs may change due to weather and staffing issues. If we determine we’ll no longer need your group on a certain day, we will do our best to contact you 24 hours ahead to let you know. You will be responsible for letting your volunteers know about the change in plans.
Where will you be working?
Your volunteers become Vala’s staff for the day! We divide volunteers into groups of 2+ and lead them around the farm to various locations, usually one of our 25+ food locations. They’ll report to a team leader and work alongside our regular seasonal staff, making magical memories for Vala’s guests. Download the Vala’s Fundraising in Action – Tasks document to learn more details about where volunteers could be assigned.
Sign Up Now!
Please talk with your group organizers so you are prepared to sign up! There are a limited number of days and spots available and they often fill up quickly.
When you sign up we will provide you a sign-up-genius page to record your volunteers. If your group does not have volunteers signed up a week before, we will be in touch to see if your group is still able to volunteer.
Each prospective volunteer will go through a screening process that includes:
- Complete the volunteer application and waiver
- Screened through the online Department of Justice Sex Offender Registry
We will email a brief volunteer orientation video to your group, watching it will help volunteers know what to expect. More specific training is done on-site, as volunteers work with Team Leaders and regular Vala’s staff at each location.
If the date(s) you would like are full please email us at email@example.com to be added to our waiting list.
If your group is scheduled and not able to fulfill the commitment, please edit your submission online and also contact us as soon as possible so we have time to contact a replacement group. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for volunteers October 1st through 31st! The days we need the most staff are peak weekends, especially Saturday nights. Weekdays we can use volunteers to fill gaps in our schedule and also for food production as we’re stocking up for the weekend.