About Fundraising in Action!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch! We call our program Fundraising in Action — in exchange for your group’s work as volunteers, Vala’s Pumpkin Patch donates funds to your non-profit group. This is a valuable exchange for both parties.
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch hires over 900 part-time employees each fall, but we still find it difficult to have enough employees during our peak weekends. Helping hands from volunteer crews make all the difference to our hard-working staff, taking some of the stress out of long weekend days with fresh, eager attitudes and enthusiasm. In exchange, volunteers get a chance to bond with each other and make new friends in a fast-paced, fun work environment, all while fundraising for their cause.
- Age Requirement: All volunteers must be at least 16 years old.***
- Number of People Needed: We would like each group to bring 8 to 10 volunteers each day they are signed up.
- Hours: 11am to 8pm on Saturdays and 11am to 7pm on Sundays. You can split your volunteers into two shifts, but please stick with these times — 11am to 3pm and 3pm to 7pm or 8pm. (So then your group will need a total of 16 to 20 people per day.)
- Friday Days: There are several Fridays in October when different school districts are off for the day. We get extra busy on these days, during the day! We’d love it if a few groups could volunteer on Friday days from 11am to 5pm.
- Saturday Evenings: We’ll be scheduling one group on peak Saturdays that is just 3pm to 8pm, since that is when we need the most help.
- Jobs: Volunteers will usually be teamed up in pairs and work closely with Vala’s Pumpkin Patch employees. Jobs are mostly food-related, including popping kettle corn, refilling ice, cooking, washing dishes, cleaning tables, etc.
- Payment: Vala’s Pumpkin Patch will donate $10 per hour per person to each volunteer’s non-profit organization. Our business is highly weather dependent, so if there is inclement weather we may not need your group to help after all — in that event we will donate $300 for the day your organization was scheduled ($150 for the half day shift).
How Do You Sign Up?
NEW for 2019: Sign up will be online, and all slots will open July 17th at 8am. Please talk with your group organizers so you are prepared to sign up on this date. There are a limited number of days and spots available and they will fill up quickly. Each group may sign up for 1 or 2 days of volunteering.
- Waiting List: If the date(s) you would like are full please email us at email@example.com to be added to our waiting list.
- Cancelling: If your group is scheduled and not able to fulfill the commitment, please edit your submission online and also contact us as soon as possible so we have time to contact a replacement group. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 DATES (Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays)
September 28th & September 29th
October 5th & 6th
October 11th, 12th & 13th
October 18th, 19th & 20th
October 26th & 27th
Sign up for our Newsletter