Campfire Sites, Party Barns, Tent, Picnic Shelter and our Pavilion
Reserving a campfire site is the perfect way to have a private party or company event. Sites are close to all of our fall festival activities, yet provide a place to gather with friends and family.
Fridays & Saturdays
Campfire sites are great for both large and small groups. Our staff members will start your fire and supply you with wood, picnic tables and bales of straw to sit on.
Monday-Wednesday | $35 + tax
Thursday-Sunday | $55 + tax
Medium & Large Campfires
Thursday-Sunday | $65 + tax
Sites with Electricity
Thursday-Sunday | $70 + tax
These sites provide some shelter from the weather. We have 7 Party Barns with electricity, one fire pit, one picnic table inside, picnic tables outside, bales of straw, and benches for seating. The barns are small, holding about 15 to 20 people inside. Depending on the party barn reserved, the entire site is big enough for 25 to 50 people (see maximum capacity below). These barns offer the convenience of sheltered campfire sites. If you prefer that the campfire not be lit, you may make this request at the time of the reservation or on the date of your party.
When you reserve online, look for these site numbers:
- #1 Jack-O-Lantern Party Barn (50 people at site)
- #2 Scarecrow Party Barn (35 people at site)
- #3 Happy Hauntings Party Barn (30 people at site)
- #4 Black Cat Party Barn (35 people at site)
- #72 Horseshoe Party Barn (25 people at site)
- #73 Ranch Hand Party Barn (25 people at site)
- #74 Buckaroo Party Barn (25 people at site)
Party Barn Prices
Monday-Wednesday | $60 + tax
Thursday-Sunday | $90 + tax (includes electricity)
Friday Nights, Saturdays, Sundays | $50 + tax (includes electricity, no campfire)
The elegant Pavilion structure was built in 2011 with a beautiful timber frame and open-air design. Inside it can seat about 80 people and up to 10 more picnic tables can also be set up outside near the two campfire pits. By renting additional adjacent campfire sites the space can be used by up to 1,000 people. Our staff would be happy to help you put together this event package.
Monday-Wednesday | $225 + tax
Thursday-Sunday | $450 + tax
Our tent site is nice for large groups that wish to have some shelter from wind and the weather. It provides a place for food to be served, whether it is your own or Vala’s Pumpkin Patch Catering. Electricity is available. Our white tent at Site #58 is 20’ X 40’ with 2 fire pits. By renting additional campfire sites the space can be used by up to 1,000 people. Our staff would be happy to help you put together this event.
Monday-Wednesday | $125 + tax
Thursday-Sunday | $250 + tax (includes electricity & campfire)
Wooden Picnic Shelter
This wooden shelter is nice for large groups that wish to have some protection from wind and the weather. It provides a place for food to be served, whether it is your own or Vala’s Pumpkin Patch Catering. Electricity is available. Our Wooden Shelter is 40’ x 40’ and includes one fire pit, site #40.
Wooden Picnic Shelter Prices
Monday-Wednesday | $175 + tax
Thursday-Sunday | $350 + tax
Some sites have electrical outlets. These include sites #1, #2, #3, #4, #10, #12, #13, #18, #22, #23 (Pavilion), #40 (Wooden Picnic Shelter), #48, #55, #58 (Tent), #72, #73, #74, #75 (room, no campfire), & #76 (room, no campfire).
When you reserve online see “More Information” for a description of the outlets.
Each outlet has a 20 amp circuit with 2 plug-ins. One roaster typically needs 15 amps. One crockpot typically needs 1 amp. Using more than 20 amps will cause the outlet to pop the breaker and lose electricity. Please use these guidelines to plan accordingly.
There are no refunds for campfire site reservations, party barn reservations, pavilion rental, and tent rentals. If a cancellation is necessary you can reschedule for another available date online and then call for a refund of your original campfire.
All changes and cancellations must be done prior to your event date. If your group has ordered a catering package a reservations staff member will help you with the cancellation. A service charge may apply.
In the event of inclement weather (raining 4 hours before your event or the temperature falls below 35 degrees at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch) please contact the reservation office. You will be able to reschedule your event online for another available date during the 2019 season, and then call for a refund of your original campfire date.
A word about rain: In the month of October in Nebraska, it can be rainy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon, and perfect campfire weather in the evening. That is why Vala’s Pumpkin Patch goes ahead with most campfires even when the day starts with rain showers. Sometimes rain does continue for the entire day and those are the days that we encourage you to reschedule.
How to Make a Reservation
All sites must be reserved and paid for online in advance. Weekend nights become fully booked so, if possible, have several dates in mind when you are booking the reservation.
- Go to our reservation website
- Select your date
- Select a site from those that are available. If your date is full read section below “What if my date or time is already booked” Click your site selection and time.
- Scroll to bottom of the page and hit check out.
- Your date, site, and time will appear in the top right hand corner. Make sure that you check to make sure all information is correct before checking out.
- Complete the checkout page completely. Each item must be answered to advance. When completed, hit the checkout button. If your reservation goes through it will tell you and a confirmation email will be sent to the email that you provided.
If you have problems, please call the reservation office at 402-332-4200, and we will be happy to assist you.
What if the date or time I want is already booked?
The Vala’s Pumpkin Patch reservations office will be keeping a waiting list for days and times that are fully booked. Plans change and there are times when sites become available. For example, if you want an evening campfire site but only afternoon times are available, we can put you on the waiting list for an evening time slot.
We encourage you to make a reservation for your second choice and be on the waiting list for your first choice. E-mail our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-332-4200 with your request to be put on a waiting list for dates that are sold out.
The campfire fee is for the campfire site only. Each person entering Vala’s Pumpkin Patch will need to pay the general admission fee.
Admission Options for Private Campfires
- Have each person pay for their own admission to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch at the entrance.
- If you wish to pay for all your guests you may do one of the following:
- Buy pre-printed tickets from Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and distribute them to your guests.
- Buy tickets online and distribute them to your guests.
- Prepare an alphabetized list of your guests and email it to Vala’s a minimum of one day before your event. Your credit card must be on file and pre-authorized to use the guest list option. Your guests will check-in at the Admissions Barn main window only. You will be charged for the guests who attend at the end of the night.
- Arrange an alternative with our Reservations staff by calling 402-332-4200.
- You and your guests may come and go from your campfire site to visit all the shows and activities at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch, but for security reasons we suggest that you do not leave the site completely unattended.
- As people from your group arrive at the entrance and pay their admission they will be given a map of Vala’s Pumpkin Patch and will be told where your campfire site is located and the starting time of the event.
- Your group may arrive prior to your scheduled time to have fun at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch. Admission is valid for the entire day of your event. Your campfire will be available at your scheduled time.
Things to Know Before You Book
- NO ALCOHOL of any kind is allowed at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch during the fall season.
- For safety reasons we do not allow cars to drive to the campfire sites. We do have carts available that you can use to carry food and other items to your campfire site. For large groups, a Vala’s staff member will use a motorized cart to haul food to your site. Check in with the Admissions Staff for cart availability.
- You may order a Catering Package to be delivered to your site or you may bring your own food and hot dog sticks for a great outdoor activity and cookout. For safety reasons, you are not allowed to bring grills, propane tanks or generators into Vala’s Pumpkin Patch. A $200 fee will be charged if you use an outside catering company.
- We suggest that you bring flashlights and an extra jacket for the crisp fall evenings. You may also want to bring table coverings for the picnic tables and something to lay on the benches before you sit on them (especially if it has been raining).
- Please read through our Cancellation Policy before booking your event.
We offer a full range of meals, snacks, desserts, and drinks. Meal options range from our casual Campfire Hot Dog Roast Box to our full BBQ Buffet. See our catering menu. If you plan to use an outside catering service, you must register the caterer when booking your event. An outside catering fee of $200 must be paid in full prior to your event. Vala’s Pumpkin Patch staff will need to be alerted so that they can deliver the catering to your site. Outside caterers may not drive to the campfire sites unless assisted by Vala’s staff. Safety is our main concern.
Sign up for our Newsletter