Now Hiring Animation & Art Specialist
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard is hiring a new Animation & Art Specialist. This is a full time, nine to twelve month position.
The Animation & Art Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of Operations to design, create, and implement signage throughout the farm. Vala’s uses a variety of techniques for creating signs that are used as part of displays, retail signage, directions, etc. This position will also work with other teams on the farm and coordinate with a variety of vendors to print and deliver the signage from banners to metal material. In addition to the design of signage posted, this position will also work under the direction and guidance of the Animatronics Manager to design, build, and maintain animatronics throughout the farm and to repair equipment as needed. Due to the Nature of the business team members wear many hats and basic woodworking and repair skills will be used to help keep the farm looking great as well. Other duties: This job description includes essential job functions for the position; however, other duties may be assigned as required based on the needs of the organization. Pay rate for this position will commensurate with experience; $20-$22/hour.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Brianne McDonald, HR Manager, at HR@valaspumpkinpatch.com. Your cover letter should tell us about you, your experience in animatronics, maintenance, and design.
Now Hiring Seasonal Positions
- Work with family and friends
- Earn up to $2,500 this fall season
- Flexible scheduling
- Employee discounts of food and merchandise
- Free Employee season pass
- Up to five free season passes for family and friends
- Four free general admission tickets
Starting pay rate $9/hour
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard is now hiring seasonal employees for the 2021 fall season. We are looking for individuals who can work a minimum of 15 hours every week during our September and October season. We want people who are friendly and ready to enjoy working in a team based, family oriented, atmosphere. If this sounds like you and Vala’s is a place you enjoy, please consider applying for the 2021 season. We have a few more things to cover before you begin.
- Are you at least 16 years old or will you be at least 16 years old before September 1? Vala’s does not hire anyone younger than 16 years old. Some of our positions you must be at least 18, 19, or 21 years old.
- Vala’s takes the health and safety of employees and guests very seriously. Safety is a top priority for us and we have taken precautions to help keep our employees and guests safe. We ask that all employees follow our guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Applicants that are chosen to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted to attend a group interview that is held in late July or early August. Please check your email (and spam folder).
For more information on available positions, please review our detailed Job Descriptions.
- Food team: servers, cooks, bakers, food prep, warehouse
- Medical (must show certification/license EMT, Nurse, etc)
- Security & Parking Lot
- Tractor Driving (must have experience)
NEW for 2021, learn about our internship opportunities. Positions are FULL, please check back in February 2022 for open positions.
Team Member Portal
Are you a member of the Vala’s fall festival team? Then this is the school for you! Pumpkin School is our online training and employee resource. Access today for employee training and updates
New Team Member Applications
Ready to become a Pumpkin and Apple Pickin’ Expert? Apply July 1 through July 16th!
Returning Team Member Applications
Welcome back! We want to thank you for joining us again for another fall season! If you have worked at Vala’s in 2019 or 2020, complete the form at the link below to join the team for the 2021 season. We are asking ALL returning team members to complete this form by July 15th. If you last worked in 2018 or earlier, please complete the new team member application.
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch Mission Statement
At Vala’s, our Mission is to bring about opportunities for families to learn, laugh, and play together. We do this by emphasizing the beauty of fall, serving food that becomes a tradition, connecting the community to a working farm, and by providing activities and entertainment that families can enjoy with each other. We are a family business made possible by a dedicated team of staff members. In passionate pursuit of our Mission, we operate our business based on our Core Values. We aim to create experiences for all generations to share, to inspire happiness, to be a positive impact in the world, and to enrich lives. We do this because, in the end, there’s nothing more valuable than making magical memories together.
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch Vision Statement
To create happiness and magical memories for families through fun, fall traditions.
Vala’s Pumpkin Patch Core Values
Fun, Family, Team Spirit, Community, Reinvestment, Education, Create Positivity, Faith
Sign up for our Newsletter