These cookies have it all—peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal! They’re a Vala Family favorite—there’s usually a half-eaten one (or more often, leftover crumbs!) on our kitchen counter all season while the farm is open. You can make regular-sized cookies or monster-sized cookies, like we do at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 3 cups creamy peanut butter not all natural
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 9 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 pound M&M's
- 1/2 pound chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the eggs and the sugars. Add the salt, vanilla extract, butter, and peanut butter. Stir in the baking soda and oatmeal, then stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, and peanuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 8–10 minutes, until cookies are set and starting to brown. Do not overbake! Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.