These cookies have it all—peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal! They’re a Vala Family favorite—there’s usually a half-eaten one (or more often, leftover crumbs!) on our kitchen counter all season while the farm is open. You can make regular-sized cookies or monster-sized cookies, like we do at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch.
These cookies have it all—peanut butter, chocolate, oatmeal! They’re a Vala Family favorite.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 3 cups creamy peanut butter not all natural
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 9 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 pound M&M's
- 1/2 pound chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl, mix together the eggs and the sugars. Add the salt, vanilla extract, butter, and peanut butter. Stir in the baking soda and oatmeal, then stir in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, and peanuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 8–10 minutes, until cookies are set and starting to brown. Do not overbake! Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For monster-sized cookies like we make at Vala’s Pumpkin Patch, use an ice cream scoop to drop dough on cookie sheets and press down slightly before baking. Cookies should bake 15–20 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!