- Pig Races – Cheer on your favorite pig as it races around the track in hot pursuit of an Oreo Cookie! Races are every hour on the hour (except for 3:00 p. m.) seven days a week.
- Pumpkin Eating Dragon Show – Help the Dragon handler every hour on the half-hour, as Xander the Dragon wakes up expecting to eat his favorite food: pumpkins!
- Howl-at-the-Moon Stage Shows – A variety of live shows entertain Vala’s guests on this stage. Check out the Events page for schedules.
- Scarecrow Band – One of Vala’s oldest performing groups, the Scarecrow Band sings a variety of songs all day long.
- Pumpkin Chuckin’ Cannon Show – We have mastered (almost!) the capabilities of this cannon! Watch it chuck a pumpkin up to one quarter mile! Amazing! Launchings are twice an hour, before and after the Pig Races.
- The Animal Band - Sing along with the farm animals! The donkey, sheep, goat, cow, and pigs will entertain you with easy-to-sing children's songs. Located near the hayrack ride loading zone.
- Hayrack Rides – Take a hay rack ride out to the pumpkin field. You can stay on the rack and watch the view, or get off and search the fields for that one perfect pumpkin. Hayrack Rides are FREE with Admission.
- Barnyard Adventure Ride - Take a ride in the little John Deere Wagons, made for children as well as adults, and see a bit of early farm life. Free with Admission.
- "Stalk" Cars - An experience for young children to sit on a little self-propelled, low-to-the-ground trike. Take a spin around the room decorated with corn stalks.
- Train Rides – Take a ride on the Pumpkin Creek Railroad, traveling through a tunnel, past Lois Lake, and through the Western Town. Cost: $3.00 per person
- Peddle Cars – Vala’s offers four different peddle car rides, each on different tracks, for all ages. Older kids should check out the even MORE challenging Pumpkinapolis 500 Extreme track.. Cost: FREE with Admission
- Pony Rides – For the cowboy or horse lover in every child, here is their chance to ride a gentle pony. Giddy-up! Cost: $5.00
- Pumpkin Mine – Vala’s zaniest walk-through attraction takes you inside a mine, where workers are chipping away, braving cave-ins and flash floods. Watch out for Tumbling Rock Cavern at the end! For ages 5 and up. Cost: Free with Admission
- Storybook Barn – Storybook Lane takes you past all of your favorite nursery rhyme and fairytale characters. This is NOT a scary attraction, and it is appropriate for all ages. Cost: Free with Admision
- The Haunted Farmhouse – The original 100-year-old farmhouse on Vala’s Farm now houses ghosts and spooky characters eager to add to their legion. Stop in and say hello, if you dare. For ages 7 and up. Cost: Free with Admission
- Spook Shed – This original Farm Shed is filled with cute and non-threatening spooks, meant to entertain young children without scaring them. The scariest thing about it is the darkness and noises. For ages 2 to 10. Cost: Free with Admission
- 3-Acre Corn Maze - Each year Vala's re-designs their corn maze. Get Lost! Free with Admission.
- Applewood Play Area - Built of logs, this play area for young children is a safe place to climb and play. Located next to the apple orchard.
- Apple Sling Shot– Use a giant sling shot to hit targets with apples. This is the most extreme opportunity you will ever have to “play with your food.” Cost: 3 apples for $1.00 or 18 apple for $5.00.
- Water Blasters – Use a Blaster cannon to shoot a water bottle at a target and explode. Cost: $1.00 per bottle
- Paintball Haunted Shootout - Aim for your favorite haunted target under the black lights. Fun for everyone. Cost:10 balls for $2.00, 30 balls for $5.00 or 50 balls for $7.50.
- Tic-Tac-Toe - See our Giant board for you to play on. Beat your parents!
- Checkers - See our Giant board for you to play on. Beat your grandparents!
- Petting Areas – Fill your pockets with quarters if you want to experience the fun of Vala’s Petting Areas. You can feed goats trotting along tree-high walkways, through fences, and even up close and personal. We also have a large selection of other farm animals, bunnies, and even a camel.
- Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds, Etc. – One of the most unique experiences we offer as an agricultural entertainment facility is the opportunity to see and pick crops out of the fields in which they were grown. For children especially, we believe this is an important educational experience. The foundation of our Fall Festival is celebrating the harvest, a medley of bright colors and distinctive flavors that epitomize fall. We invite everyone to take some of the fall harvest home with them.
- For decoration, we offer the largest selections of pumpkins and gourds in Omaha, with over 40 different varieties grown on 55 acres of the farm. To add a unique fall flavor to your next meal, take home a variety of different squashes. For recipes and tips on cooking pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, and squash, visit the Vala Sister’s Recipe Page.
- Harvest Barn – Here you can buy jams, jellies, apple and cherry cider, root beer, candy, and fudge. Jan Vala also sells campfire goodies, crafts and collectables, as well as fall scented candles.
- Calamity Jan's Mining Company – Get your bag of mining rough and start sluicing! See a wide selection of gems, jewelry, cowboy hats, toys, and candy. You can even dip candles like the pioneers on the weekends.
- Loft – This is located on the top floor of the Big Barn Weigh Station and is the place to go for costume ideas and accessories. Here you can find masks, swords, make-up, fake blood, jewelry, wigs, and anything small and gross.
- Big Barn Bakery and Weigh Station Exit – This beautiful barn was moved to the Vala's in 2006 and is our most convenient retail area for guests making small last-minute purchases on their way home. Buy a Vala’s shirt, carving kits, or jellies. If you’re hungry, try the caramel apples, kettle corn, fresh cinnamon rolls, apple fritter, or even a freshly baked pie to eat later. This is one location you won’t want to miss (well, you can't miss it because it is the only way out)!